A senior Conservative strategist circulated the following Top Ten list e-mail on the Saturday before the federal election on Monday, January 23. The result of the election, of course, was a narrow Conservative minority government.
THE LIBERALS’ TOP TEN SELF-INFLICTED WOUNDS
10. Billions in pre-campaign announcements.
9. Free ride for Harper before Christmas.
8. Beer & Popcorn and the Klander Komics
7. Dissing Charest & attempting to “Referendize” the campaign in Quebec.
6. Buzz Off: Strategic voting/Harper as separatist.
4. “We’re not making this up.”
3. Great battle plan for last war: Expected Harper to be negative/lunatics rampant
2. All tactics, no strategy.
1. The Liberals brought a knife to a gunfight.